FOCUS would like to highlight the presence of two “local” Institutes which may offer a variety of services to insurance professionals.
The purpose of a Local Institute is to provide for its membership a useful contact point, where they have access to advice on their professional education, events to support their continuing professional development and social events where they can meet like minded people.
When you become a member of the CII or PFS, you automatically join a local institute of your choice, usually close to where you live or work – there are currently 60 local institutes across the UK.
The Insurance Society of Edinburgh has over 1,400 members and a dedicated group of industry professionals sitting on council, who voluntarily give up their spare time to offer a range of key benefits to CII members in the local area.
The society currently provides:
- Technical and regulatory seminars, and training courses
- Career guidance, mentoring and knowledge services – including workshops on exam techniques and sessions on motivation
- Social and networking activities
- Community engagement initiatives
- Local news and information
Fundamentally, for our purposes, the Glasgow Institute performs the same activities and fulfills the same role as the Edinburgh Institute.
Why not go along to a meeting and see what you can gain and contribute?